The Music Academy program offers an intensive solo and chamber musical experience for young intermediate and early advanced students, as young as 10 years old through college. Each student receives several weekly private lessons, chamber music coachings, music theory classes, Dalcroze Eurhythmics classes, and several opportunities to participate in masterclasses held by our faculty. Students have two hours of mandatory individual practice time as well as student-run group rehearsal time to ensure the most progress is made throughout the program.
Throughout the two weeks, each student chamber group learns a new work, covering topics such as:
- ensemble building skills
- interpersonal communication skills
- rehearsal and practice techniques
- meaningful and successful expression of ideas
- understanding the uniqueness of individual parts
- leadership within the ensemble
- stylistic integrity
- stage presence
- connecting with your audience
All students have the opportunity to showcase their progress in three student performances as well as compete in the RMF Chamber Music Competition, where all parents, friends, and the community are invited to attend or tune in via Facebook Livesteam.
- 5-10 minute Youtube video (or other format) of 2 contrasting pieces learned within the past year.
- Completed application
- Completed financial aid/merit scholarship application (if requesting financial assistance)
- $50 registration fee (non-refundable)
- Application Deadline: April 6th, 2018 (extended until May 15th)
- 2 weekly hour-long private lessons (4 total)
- 2 weekly hour-long chamber music coachings (4 total)
- 4 weekly hour-long music theory/ear-training classes (8 total)
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics classes (4 total)
- Improvisation Workshop
- Composition workshop for non-composition students
- Weekly masterclasses, technique, and orchestra audition prep classes